No matter where you live in Texas or took drivers ed, Drive Safe Driving School is fully authorized by the State to provide the Texas Department of Public Safety road test to individuals ages 16 – 24. Students from Parent taught, online, and other driving schools may road test (behind the wheel) with us for $60.
No more long waits and easy online scheduling and payment.
Please be-aware that You must present all of the following documents at the time of your scheduled test. You can view a comprehensive list here.
If you have questions about what to bring please call us at 214-310-5000 during normal business hours.
2214 West Walnut Hill Ln
Irving, Texas 75007
Book your road test appointment now
You must have all of the following with you when you road test
- Certificate of Completion of TEEN Driver Education Course (Driver License Portion) or Certification of Completion of a Online or Parent Taught course.
- Impact Texas Teen Drivers Certificate (This certificate will expire after 90 days)
- Completed and signed 30 hour log.
- If using your own vehicle: Valid Insurance Card, registration and a vehicle capable of passing inspection. Car used for the test must have a current registration sticker on the windshield and proper license plates on the car. It is state law that a car registered in the state of Texas MUST have a metal front and back license plate ON the exterior of the car unless there is a valid Texas Buyer’s paper plate for a recently purchased vehicle. Proof of valid, unexpired automobile liability insurance for the car being used for test. The Texas Liability card must be brought with the documents for check in. We cannot accept an electronic or digital copy.
- Legal Guardian or Parent must be present during the test
- Valid Texas Learner License. We cannot test prior to the 6 month date listed on the reverse side of permit
- Be between the ages of 16 – 24
- Drive Smart provides road testing, but only the Texas Department of Pubic Safety can issue a drivers license. Once you test, You will still need to take a picture at the DPS to actually have a
- Texas Drivers License.
There will be no refund for no-shows not having the required paperwork, or no legal guardian present at the time of testing or cancellations made within 24 hours of appointment. If you would like to reschedule your appointment call 214-310-5000 during normal business hours. To cancel your appointment and receive a refund, please make sure you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
By making the payment you agree to understanding the Cancellation/Refund policy.
Cost is $60 to be paid upon scheduling via Pay Pal or credit card (you do not need to have to have a Pay Pal account to pay or credit card fee). No Checks are accepted. Once you click “Continue” you will be asked for payment.
IMPORTANT TEXAS ROAD TESTING INFO
Prior to road testing with us or the DPS, The State of Texas requires by law that all ages must watch the appropriate video. The certificate of completion must be presented within 90 days to the Texas DPS Certified Road Test Examiner before the road test can be given. If you are 25 or older please watch 18 to 24 video, the 25 or older video is still in production so the 18 to 25 video will count until the 25 and older is released.
If you are 18 and under or have completed a Teen, online, or a parent taught driver ed program (even if you are 18 or older) you must watch the Teen Impact Video.
Click the image to view video
FAILURE TO WATCH THE REQUIRED TEXAS IMPACT VIDEO AND PRESENT A VALID COMPLETION CERTIFICATE WILL RESULT IN A FAILURE TO HAVE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DISQUALIFICATION PENALTY. THERE IS NO REFUND ON FEES PAID AND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE ROAD TEST AGAIN.
Currently Road Test are ONLY available at our Irving location.
Take our $60 Road Test and get the use of our vehicle on the test with $25 only!
Normally the use of our car is $40 but for a limited time there is only $25.00, please take this great offer. Time is limited so schedule soon. (This offer is only valid for teen road tests).